The Dayco wheel bearing kit KWD1001 comes with assembly accessories.
Note: The installation position of KWD1001 usually is on front axle but, for 4WD versions only, it can be also on the rear axle.
- Assembly Procedure
- Loosen the hub nut by no more than 90°.
- Raise the vehicle on the lift positioning it perfectly horizontal.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the brake caliper without disconnecting the pipes.
- Remove the brake caliper support.
CAUTION: tie the brake caliper so that it does not overhang from the brake oil pipe only
- Remove the wheel rpm sensor.
- Remove the brake disc.
- Undo the nuts shown. (Fig. 1)
- Remove the lower arm from the stub axle.
- Undo the hub nut.Take out the axle shaft from the hub.
CAUTION: tie the axle shaft to prevent any damage to the boots of the CV joints and to make sure it does not come out from the transmission.
- Undo the screws shown. (Fig. 2)
- Take out the bearing from the stub axle.
- For the reassembly, proceed in the reverse order of disassembly.